DESRIPTION OF RISKS
I am aware that there are physical risks and hazards inherent in archery and in my participation in archery activities at XQuest Archery, including my use of equipment such as arrows, bows, arm guards, finger tabs, and buttresses.
The risks and hazards of archery include, but are not limited to:
- Injuries to the bow arm due to string slap;
- Injuries to the bow shoulder due to overuse;
- Injuries from walking into arrows in the target buttresses;
- Injuries from executing strenuous and demanding physical techniques in archery
- Injuries resulting from the mechanical failure of any of the archery equipment
Furthermore, I am aware:
- That injuries in archery and be severe and even fatal
- That the rules posted in the archery facility are designed to enhance the safety of myself and others and are to be followed at all times;
- That Coronavirus/COVID-19 is highly contagious and I voluntarily assume the risk that I or my child(ren) may be exposed to or infected by Coronavirus/COVID-19 by participating in XQuest Archery programming; and that exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, or death to myself, my child(ren) or other family members or individuals we may interact with outside of XQuest Archery. I understand that many public health authorities may still recommend practicing social distancing.
- I understand and acknowledge that the risk of myself or my child(ren) becoming exposed to or infected by Coronavirus/COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, XQuest Archery employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families. I further agree and acknowledge that I am increasing the risk of myself or my child(ren) becoming exposed to or infected by Coronavirus/COVID-19 by participating in XQuest Archery programming.
I agree to be solely responsible for any injury, loss or damage which I might sustain while participating in archery and while using archery equipment at XQuest Archery, and I agree to release XQuest Archery, the XQuest Archery Club and respective directors, officers, employees, instructors, coaches, students, volunteers and members of all responsibility for such injury, loss or damage.
I acknowledge that I have read this agreement and that I fully understand, appreciate and accept the physical risks associated with my participation in archery activities and my use of archery equipment at XQuest Archery.